Monday, January 2, 2012

Inaugural: marking the beginning of a new venture, series, etc.

my objective is simple: fortify my art bone by completing at least one creative thought a week.  this can be a drawing, painting, craft, piece of writing, new recipe - even an inspired outfit - whatever moves me.  more frequently is awesome, but i will not put that pressure on myself at this point. 
              * i'm not confining the acts - that is how my imagination atrophied in the first place.*
                                                  (i will probably need reminding of this at times)
i feel a deep need to start exercising my soul and it has been suggested to me that having a place to publish new work will keep me accountable to my goal. 
everything here will be brand new. image heavy. about the acts - not a diary 
(though i'm sure a bit of that will inevitably slip in)
i'll happily accept project suggestions - i like to have problems to solve, and eventually i hope to gain enough confidence in my work to start an etsy shop.


the day this become anything but enjoyable growth, i stop. i do not want this to be a chore.  i want this to be a safe place. sans judgement.  to force myself out of my self imposed box and kill the critics in my head. experimentation is the name of the game. 


i'd love it if you followed me/i follow you on pinterest 
a huge part of the motivation to face my fears and start this blog is from the inspiration i have found through pinterest :) 


to get us started here is a self portrait


6in x 8in mixed media







No comments:

Post a Comment